Job Title: Full Stack Software Engineer
Experience: Minimum 2 years
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Artificial Intelligence Company Ditto AI is currently seeking a talented Full Stack Software Engineer to join its expanding development team in Central Manchester’s stylish Ancoats village.
Having recently secured over £4m additional funding into the business, Ditto is working on a range of exciting projects aimed at evolving our AI platform and exploiting it within various industries.
You will be a keen technologist with a broad understanding of modern software development, willing and able to diversify into different languages and technologies. Working within an expanding, highly skilled team you will be involved in all aspects of software development, with input into architecture discussions, through to coding front and back end systems and using TDD to ensure ongoing stability and quality of all production code.
You will be highly motivated, eager to learn new skills, adept at problem solving, and keen to work in a growing company. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential as you will be required to interact closely with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis.
You will have a sound knowledge of software engineering techniques and follow best practice especially around OOP, QA, Agile, Continuous Integration and TDD.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to really make your mark within a growing and ambitious company that that is exploiting a potentially disruptive technology within a huge growth sector.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, and the opportunity to grow your career and take on new skills.
- Develop highly scalable, highly available product features in line with user requirements and business needs.
- Work with senior team members to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Demonstrate a passion for software engineering and AI.
- Produce clean, efficient code in line with Ditto’s coding and quality standards.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and pair with other team members when necessary.
- Debug and refactor code, ensuring that software is up-to-date with latest technologies and best practice.
- Write unit tests and work with QA to resolve technical issues.
- Communicate effectively within the team and demonstrate a “can do” attitude at all times.
- Play an active role within the Agile team, not afraid of suggesting new ways of doing things.
- Help with research into interfaces between Ditto’s core technology and other mainstream technologies (Machine Learning, Blockchain etc)
Essential skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience developing scalable APIs and high-end web user interfaces.
- HTML5 / CSS
- SQL (SQL Server / MySQL)
- Agile / Scrum / Continuous Integration / TDD
- Strong communication skills with written and verbal fluency in English
- Interest in working in a small, high-tech company environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Great team worker with a proactive “can do” attitude
Desirable skills and experience:
- AWS – AppSync, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Basic understanding of using Design Patterns to solve complex problems
- AI / Machine Learning / Big Data
- IOS / Android / Hybrid Mobile Development
- DevOps / Continuous Delivery / Jenkins
- Git / Bitbucket / SourceTree
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Company share options scheme
- BUPA Healthcare Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Enhanced childcare voucher scheme
- Company pension scheme
Ditto AI's vision is to create trustworthy AI for a responsible future. We foster an inclusive and welcoming culture so that we can create the best technology and products possible with the inputs of the best people regardless of their gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, disability, marital and familial status. We particularly welcome applications from persons traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry. If you wish to speak with a member of our tech team or our management team before you apply, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on the form below: