Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Salary: Competitive with benefits
Artificial Intelligence Company Ditto AI is currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join its expanding development team in Central Manchester’s stylish Ancoats village.
Having recently secured over £4m additional funding into the business, Ditto is working on a range of exciting projects aimed at evolving our AI platform and exploiting it within various industries.
You will be a keen technologist with a broad understanding of modern software development approaches, willing and able to diversify into different technologies. If all you’re interested in is .NET, then this role isn’t for you.
Working within an expanding, highly skilled team you will be involved in all aspects of software development ranging from database work right through to front end development.
You will be highly motivated, eager to learn new skills, adept at problem solving, and keen to work in a growing company. Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential as you will be required to interact closely with internal and external stakeholders on a daily basis.
You will have a sound knowledge of software engineering techniques and follow best practice especially around OOP, QA, Agile, Continuous Integration and TDD.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to really make your mark within a growing and ambitious company that that is exploiting a potentially disruptive technology within a huge growth sector.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, and the opportunity to grow your career and take on new skills.
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available product features in line with user requirements and business needs.
- Be a champion for the Agile process, continually looking for, and pushing the team towards improvement.
- Work with architects and management to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Assist with initiating further adoption of AWS cloud services, open source technologies and modern software architecture approaches
- Work independently or as part of a team, suggesting innovative design solutions, with a focus on security, quality, scalability and maintainability.
- Mentor junior team members, instilling a culture of quality and excellence and demonstrating an infectious passion for software engineering.
- Help define, document and enforce coding standards, patterns and procedures in all aspects of the technical stack.
- Produce clean, efficient code in line with Ditto’s coding and quality standards.
- Review and debug code, ensuring that software is up-to-date with latest technologies and best practice.
- Write unit tests and automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Work with QA to resolve technical issues and improve quality.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the latest advances in software engineering and cloud computing technologies.
- Play a leading role within Agile and DevOps processes, suggesting new ways of doing things, driving continuous improvement and helping define stories, bugs and tasks.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to produce quality software that meets business requirements
Essential skills and experience:
- Polyglot Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience delivering commercial software in several languages or frameworks, with at least 3 years Full Stack .NET experience.
- Commercial experience of SQL (SQL Server / MySQL).
- Solid background in Agile, having worked in high performing teams.
- Strong background in developing scalable APIs and high-end web user interfaces, with some experience building single page web applications.
- A team player, actively participating in all meetings and technical discussions with a “can do” attitude and not afraid to challenge the “norm”.
- Good understanding of microservice architecture, cloud computing and design patterns to solve complex problems.
- Experience of driving quality through ensuring acceptable unit test coverage and rigorous code reviews.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, taking the lead fixing issues under pressure.
- Experience using various scripting languages to implement automated processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Strong communication skills with written and verbal fluency in English.
- Passionate about working in a small, high-tech environment.
Desirable skills and experience:
- JQuery / Angular
- AI / Machine Learning / Big Data
- AWS Cloud
- Serverless & Containers
- IOS / Android / Hybrid Mobile Development
- DevOps / Continuous Delivery / Jenkins
- Git / Bitbucket / SourceTree
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Company share options scheme
- BUPA Healthcare Scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
Commitment to creating an inclusive culture:
Ditto AI's vision is to create trustworthy AI for a responsible future. We foster an inclusive and welcoming culture so that we can create the best technology and products possible with the inputs of the best people regardless of their gender, age, race, religion, sexuality, disability, marital and familial status. We particularly welcome applications from persons traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry. If you wish to speak with a member of our tech team or our management team before you apply, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on the form below: